How to adapt a suite
Combining bathroom and bedroom in one space is a true challenge. This room is exemplary not only for its arrangement but also for its choices around sanitation and furnishings. Let’s explore...
CRITERIA TO CONSIDER
- The room must be sufficiently spacious and have access to water, either through the floor or the ceiling.
- The ventilation system must be powerful enough. If it is not you will have to consider modifying it or installing a new one.
- The architectural structure must accommodate a bathtub or it must be pierced in order to install a drainage outlet, plumbing, etc.
- The couple must have a high tolerance to noise, odors and light.
- Occupants must like large open spaces.
THE MASTER SUITE
- It offers intimacy for the couple.
- Gives the impression of lodging in a luxury hotel.
- Allows easy access to the bathroom at night.
- Eliminates the sensation of being in a confined space.
Think of adding a full length panel behind the headboard to avoid bursts of light during the night. You can also separate the two zones using a closet or give access to the bathroom from one side only. Remember to install the nightlights and dimmers.
Source : CHEZ SOI Author : Paule Bourbonnais