WELCOME TO TIPS AND TRICKS | Laminate flooring
Versatile, durable and stylish, laminate flooring is a popular option because of its variety of styles and easy installation. Discover our laminate flooring installation tips and advice on how to properly choose your flooring.
Laminate flooring, mixed composition
Laminate or laminated flooring comprises several layers and is a quality product. Discover its composition details in this clip.
Assess and prepare the surface before installing the laminate flooring
Before installing your laminate flooring, ensure that the installation surface is in optimal condition. Get some advice on where and where not to install your flooring.
Benefits of laminate flooring
A laminate floor is a versatile and durable solution to cover your floors. Discover all its benefits.
Laminate flooring underlay
Laminate flooring needs to be installed with an underlay. Here are a few tips for selecting the underlay for your needs.
When properly installed, a thicker plank is not stronger, but does have better structural strength. See the impact of the thickness of your laminate flooring boards.
Calculating the quantity of laminate flooring you’ll need
How many planks are needed to cover your surface? Find the answer here!
Laminate flooring classification
Laminate flooring classification can become a complicated matter. Learn the classification basics to properly choose your product.
Tools and equipment needed
A circular saw with a track guide and a rubber hammer: see all the tools and equipment you need to install your laminate flooring.
- Lightweight Circular Saw with Electric Brake - 7 1/4" - 15 ABMR Code 035-8378Get this versatile circular saw with integrated brake to safely cut your materials....
- FatMax Measuring TapeBMR Code 176-0765Ease your renovation chores with this FatMax measuring tape....
- Retractable knifeBMR Code 015-6169With its ergonomic design for a better grip, you cannot do without this FATMAX knife....
- Carpenter's squareBMR Code 131-0126Opt for this carpenter's square to perform precise tasks....
- 10 carpenter pencils and sharpenerBMR Code 058-3743These pencils are handy for marking cuts and jotting down measurements as you work and, thanks to th...
- Laminated flooring installation kitBMR Code 718-1100This installation kit for laminated flooring will highly help you when you will change your house fl...
The warranty of laminate flooring
Laminate flooring usually comes with a 15 to 25-year warranty. See what is and what is not covered by this warranty.
Laminate flooring maintenance
Laminate flooring is sensitive to moisture and can react to certain products. See the best way to maintain your flooring.